The Greek Café Frappé is a summer staple no matter where you are in the world. Conceived by a Nescafe representative through sheer experimentation, instant coffee, sugar, milk and water are the main ingredients. Easily customisable with syrups and in terms of sweetness, the frappé can also be made vegan by substituting the cream and milk with a plant-based alternative. Give this drink a whirl and get a taste of the Greek summer.
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup whipping cream (approximately 36% fat content)
- 2 tbsp caster sugar (or to your taste)
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 4 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Syrup of choice (hazelnut, vanilla, chocolate, caramel)
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Chill the cream dispenser in the fridge for 30 minutes before use.
- Prepare the coffee brew by adding four tablespoons of hot water to one tablespoon of instant coffee, then allow it to cool down completely.
- Pour the milk into a bowl, add one tablespoon of caster sugar and stir the mixture well until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, briefly whisk the whipping cream with the remaining sugar, then strain the mixture into the chilled cream dispenser.
Tip: Straining the mixture will avoid any undissolved sugar kernels from clogging the cream dispenser.
- Connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 8 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas.
Divide the ice cubes up in two serving glasses, then evenly distribute the milk, followed by the instant coffee in each glass. Briefly stir the drink before releasing a generous dollop of whipped cream on top. Garnish with a drizzle of your syrup of choice and the drink is ready to be served immediately.