Be it as a pick-me-up post-dinner or for a quick fix before heading out for the night the notorious espresso martini will instantly jolt you back to life. In this revamped version, the vodka is infused with the aromas of roasted coffee beans and rich dark chocolate to thoroughly extract the smoky fragrances, while a twist of orange gives the drink a refreshing touch.
- 200 ml of vodka
- 4 tbsp coffee beans
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 orange
- 4 espresso shots
- 175 ml of cream
- 170 g brown sugar
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 orange slices
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 12 coffee beans
- 200 ml cream
- 2 vanilla sugar sachets
- 4 ice cubes
- Cocoa powder for dusting
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the orange lengthwise to obtain 2 strips of orange rind. Place the orange rinds into the cream dispenser along with the vodka, coffee beans and chocolate. Connect your Smartwhip to the cream dispenser and charge it to 10 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser a few times to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside for approximately 15 minutes to allow the mixture to infuse.
- In the meantime, whisk the espresso shots, cream, brown sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until the sugar dissolves and the cocoa powder is fully incorporated.
- After the infusion time has passed, shake the cream dispenser a few more times, then vent the cream dispenser while holding it upright and pressing the lever to release the built-up gas completely.
- Remove the lid of the cream dispenser and strain the contents through a sieve into the bowl with the espresso mixture. Thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Pour the cream and vanilla sugar for the garnish into the cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 15 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and briefly shake the cream dispenser, then set it aside.
- Pour the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar on a small plate, moisten the rim of the cocktail glasses with an orange wedge, and gently twist the rim of each glass in the sugar.
Divide the chocolate-espresso martini across four sugar-rimmed glasses, and place an ice cube into each drink. Swirl some whipped cream on top of each glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder, a slice of orange and three decorative coffee beans.