Infused with the riches of Mexico’s Kahlúa chocolate liqueur, this rum-based cocktail truly is a dark desire. Built upon a bed of chocolate espuma and a dry white rum, a fresh kick of minty cream offsets the sweetness of the cocktail to create a perfect balance.
Chocolate Espuma Ingredients
- 2 tbsp crème de menthe
- 115 g cooking chocolate, grated or finely chopped
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 120 ml white rum
- 60 ml Kahlúa
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Chocolate curls to garnish
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- For the chocolate espuma, pour the heavy cream into a saucepan and heat it over low-medium heat until it is close to reaching a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the crème de menthe.
- Place the cooking chocolate in a bowl and pour the cream mixture on top of it. Cover the bowl and let it stand for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the lid and briskly stir the mixture until the ingredients have melted and the texture is glossy. Beat the mixture for another 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a cream dispenser, attach your Smartwhip and charge it to 13 bar.
- Detach your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas. Chill the cream dispenser with the chocolate espuma in the fridge for about an hour.
- When the indicated time has passed, equally distribute the chocolate espuma in two tall martini glasses, making a small mound at the bottom of each glass.
- For the cocktail, pour the white rum, Kahlúa and ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Carefully strain the cocktail mixture into the martini glasses from the ledge. Avoid pouring it directly on top of the espuma as this will cause it to collapse.
Garnish the Dark Desire Chocolate Espuma Cocktails with a sprinkle of chocolate curls and serve immediately.
This recipe is an adaptation from Cheeky Monkey Gastronomy UK.