Beyond brightly-coloured hard-boiled eggs, Easter is associated with a variety of delicacies enjoyed amongst friends and family. While eggs can be prepared in countless ways, these piquant Mexican-style Devilled eggs will give the traditional Easter platter a vibrant twist. Give it a go and make the most of those leftover eggs that didn’t make it onto the Easter table.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved, yolks removed
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Zest of 1⁄2 a lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 heaped tbsp of pickled jalapeños
- 4 g coriander, chopped
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1⁄4 tbsp salt
- Chilli powder to garnish
- Red onion rings to garnish
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, garlic clove, jalapeños, coriander, sugar and salt until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Strain the avocado mixture into a siphon, connect your Smartwhip, and charge it to 13 bar. Shake the siphon for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the nitrous oxide, then set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, shake the cream dispenser a few more times and release the avocado mousse into a bowl.
Neatly arrange the halved eggs on a serving platter. Carefully spoon the avocado mousse into the hollow part of the eggs, and garnish the Devilled eggs with small onion rings, chilli powder and a few coriander leaves.
Discover more delicious recipes created using Smartwhip on our recipes page, and surprise your loved ones with a new dish.