Characterised by a light but hearty sauce, this recipe promises to deliver a rich and creamy prawn cocktail without suffocating your taste buds. By substituting half of the mayonnaise with Greek yoghurt and aerating it with a cream charger, you have yourself the ultimately lightweight prawn cocktail recipe.
Prawn Cocktail Ingredients
- 500 g cooked prawns, shelled and beheaded
- 200 g baby lettuce leaves
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup or relish
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- A few drops of lime juice
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and strain them into a cream dispenser.
- Connect your Smartwhip to the cream dispenser and charge it to 10 bar. Detach your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside.
- Roughly chop the prawns, reserving four to garnish the cocktails before serving.
- Prepare the four cocktail glasses by placing a baby lettuce leaf at the bottom of each glass.
- Chop the remaining lettuce leaves and add them to the bowl with the prawns. Release approximately half of the prawn cocktail sauce into the bowl and toss the ingredients thoroughly.
- Place the bowl in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
Evenly distribute the prawn cocktail across the four cocktail glasses garnished with baby lettuce. Release a few dollops of the remaining dressing into each glass, and place one prawn on the edge of the glass along with a thin slice of lemon to complete the presentation.