Rapid infusion is a super easy and time-efficient way to inject liquid ingredients with intense flavour. Using this pioneering technique, you can make this wonderfully fragrant rosemary-infused oil in no time. Whether used as a dip, as the base of a salad dressing, or to garnish a dish, the oil is essential to every kitchen.
- 20 g fresh rosemary
- 250 ml extra-virgin olive oil
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Roughly chop the fresh rosemary and place it in the cream dispenser along with the olive oil.
- Connect your Smartwhip to the cream dispenser and charge it to 15 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside for 1 hour to infuse.
- When the indicated time has passed, hold the cream dispenser upright and press the lever to release the pressurised gas completely.
Tip: Hold a bowl above the nozzle of the cream dispenser to catch any liquid that might spray out.
- Remove the lid of the cream dispenser and strain the rosemary-infused oil into a container.
The rosemary-infused oil can be used straight away or stored in a sealed glass container for later use. The oil works well as a bread dip with some coarse salt, as cooking oil or to garnish hot dishes.