Using the rapid infusion technique, you can extract the flavour out of basically any porous ingredient and transform even the most ordinary drink into something extraordinary. Reinvigorate the classic Bloody Mary with a spicy vodka packed with the flavourful aroma of peppercorn, fennel seeds and coriander seeds, and surprise your taste buds sip by sip.
- 200 ml of vodka
- 800 ml of tomato juice
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp peppercorn
- 1⁄2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1⁄2 tsp juniper berries
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 stick of celery (including the leaves), chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1⁄4 cup of salt
- 4 celery sticks
- 5 lemon wedges
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Peel the lemon lengthwise using a vegetable peeler to obtain 4 strips of lemon rind. Place the lemon rinds into your cream dispenser along with the vodka, red chilli, coriander seeds, peppercorn, fennel seeds, juniper berries, garlic, chopped celery and smoked paprika. Connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 13 bar. Shake the cream dispenser for approximately 5 seconds, then set it aside to allow the vodka to infuse for 15 minutes.
- As the vodka infuses, pour the quarter cup of salt on a small plate, moisten the rim of the cocktail glasses with a lemon wedge, and gently twist the rim of each glass in the salt.
- After the 15 minutes of infusion time has passed, shake the cream dispenser a few more times, then vent the cream dispenser while holding it upright to release all of the gas.
- Remove the lid of the cream dispenser, strain the contents through a sieve into a cocktail shaker or measuring jug, and stir in the tomato and lemon juice. Add salt according to your taste.
Pour the Bloody Mary into four salt-rimmed glasses, and garnish each drink with a stick of celery and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!