Rapid infusion is a really easy and time-efficient way to inject liquid ingredients with intense flavour. By applying this avant-garde technique, even the pungent tequila can be infused with an energetic tang of ginger in just a few minutes. With a sweet base of passion fruit and coconut cream, this tequila cocktail reimagines the classic piña colada and imbues it with a fiery attitude.
- 100 ml tequila
- 250 ml passion fruit juice or pulp (90% passion fruit pulp to 10% sugar)
- 1⁄4 tsp red chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 tsp coconut cream
- Pinch of salt
- 2 passion fruits to garnish
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a measuring jug and stir them together well.
- Strain the mixture into a cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 15 bar. Briefly shake the cream dispenser to equally distribute the gas, then set it aside to allow the mixture to infuse for 15 minutes.
- When the indicated time has passed, vent the siphon by holding it upright and squeezing the lever to release the built-up gas completely, then screw the top off.
Using a strainer, pour the tequila infusion into four cocktail glasses and garnish each glass with half a slice of passion fruit. If you’re feeling extra fancy, adorn the rim of the cocktail glass with coconut shavings using syrup as an adhesive.
Discover an array of exotic cocktails created using Smartwhip on our recipes page, and experiment with new flavours, textures and styles.