Tzatziki is a wonderfully lightweight dip, soup or sauce with a rich herby flavour – and it’s super easy to whip up. In essence, Tzatziki consists of yoghurt and cucumber mixed with some fresh herbs, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Using a cream charger, the aerated Tzatziki melts on your tongue, allowing you to add great flavour to a dish without significant substance.
- 120mL heavy cream
- 1g white pepper
- 180g cucumber
- 150g cream cheese, full fat
- 40mL olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1g herbal salt
- 1g dill
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Grate the cucumber into a bowl and set it aside until required.
- In a separate bowl, briefly combine the Greek yoghurt, olive oil, garlic, fresh dill and mint, then blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture into the bowl with the grated cucumber, and stir everything together well.
- Strain the Tzatziki sauce into a siphon using a fine mesh strainer, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 13 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the siphon for 15 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then place it in the fridge to cool for approximately 1 hour.
Release the Tzatziki espuma on top of a fresh Mediterranean-inspired salad composed of cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, fresh onions and olives. The leftover cucumber from the Tzatziki sauce is ideal for a fresh lentil or chickpea salad.
Looking for inspiration? Then check out our range of recipes created by chefs, for chefs.