A creamy, full-bodied hard cheese with a lingering aftertaste, Grana Padano cheese adds a nutty touch that accentuates a variety of dishes. With a naturally dense and somewhat flaky texture, warming the cheese up with some whole milk and cream enables you to create this savoury Grana Padano cheese foam which works marvellously as a sauce, as a starter or as an accompaniment to your dish.
- 150 g whole milk
- 5 g chopped pistachios
- 25 g salted button mushrooms
- 200 g Grana Padano cheese
- 300 g heavy cream (approximately 35% fat content)
- 1 g xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Finely grate the Grana Padano cheese using a Microplane grater.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan. As soon as the milk starts to rise, reduce the heat, add in the grated Grana Padano cheese and whisk the ingredients together well.
- When the cheese is fully dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat, add the cream and salt and pepper to your taste. Whisk the ingredients together well then allow the mixture to cool down for 15 minutes.
- Strain the cheese foam contents into a siphon using a fine mesh strainer, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 10 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip, shake the siphon for 10-15 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then allow the siphon to cool in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
Serve the Grana Padano cheese foam with your pasta of choice then top it with chopped pistachios and salted mushrooms. Alternatively, serve it as a starter with tomatoes, balsamic and fresh thyme.