Turmeric lattes have soared in popularity over the past few years, and every barista seems to add a personal touch to the brew. Cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, nutmeg and cardamom are some of the more common options, but have you ever had a turmeric latte topped with coconut whipped cream? Bringing this already immune-boosting and antioxidant-rich drink to new heights, a cup of this sunny coconut-flavoured turmeric latte has the potential to warm up any gloomy winter morning.
- A can of chilled coconut cream
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- A pinch of black pepper
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Briefly combine the coconut cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl, then pour the contents into a siphon. Connect your Smartwhip to the siphon and charge it to 7 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the siphon for 10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then chill the siphon in the fridge until required.
- Prepare the turmeric latte by heating the coconut milk, turmeric powder, cinnamon and ground ginger in a small saucepan. Simmer the brew over low-medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and evenly distribute the turmeric latte in two large mugs.
Release the coconut whipped cream over the two turmeric lattes and sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top. Et voilà! The turmeric latte is ready to be served.
Looking for more inspiration? Discover our assortment of sumptuous recipes here.