Although technically a vegetable, beetroot has a natural sweetness that makes it a strong contender for the dessert table. Its vibrant pink tint, which also serves as a natural dye, adds an intense pop of colour to any dessert platter. Complemented by a warm aroma of vanilla, this creamy beetroot mousse goes perfectly with pistachio biscuits and is the perfect treat for any occasion.
- 100 g beetroot, cooked and peeled
- 5 g ginger, finely grated
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp ginger syrup
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml of heavy cream
- 1⁄8 tsp xanthan gum
- 20 g pistachio biscuits
- 1 tsp chopped pistachios
- Pinch of salt
- Watercress to garnish
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Blend the pre-cooked beetroot, grated ginger, ginger syrup, vanilla extract and salt in a blender until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- In a dry bowl, thoroughly mix the xanthan gum with a pinch of sugar. Add the xanthan gum to the beetroot mixture along with the heavy cream and stir everything together until you achieve an even consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it with 15 bar. Briefly shake the cream dispenser to evenly distribute the gas and set it aside for 15 minutes.
Crumble the pistachio cookies and evenly distribute them across four dessert glasses. Alternatively, you can use ginger biscuits. Neatly release the beetroot mousse on top of the cookies and garnish with a couple of chopped pistachio nuts. To give it a final touch, add a few petals of watercress.
Visit our selection of delicious dessert recipes created using Smartwhip, and allow yourself to be inspired anew.