Six simple ingredients – cream, milk, sugar, egg yolk, cinnamon and lemon – make for a fine crème brûlée foam with enough grace and elegance to win over anyone at the dinner table. Though many will agree that part of the excitement of a crème brûlée is the cracking of the brûléed crust, the airiness of this crème brûlée foam is the ideal choice for a daintier dessert.
- 300 g heavy cream (min. 35% fat content)
- 75 ml of whole milk
- 75 g sugar
- 60 g egg yolks
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lemon, zested
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Beat the egg yolks and a tablespoon of sugar in a mixing bowl then set it aside.
- Briefly heat the heavy cream, milk, cinnamon stick and lemon zest in a saucepan, then add the sugar and heat the mixture to 82°C, stirring continuously.
- Pour the cream mixture over the egg yolks, mix the ingredients together, then pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Briefly heat the contents over low heat until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the crème brûlée mixture to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the crème brûlée foam mixture into a siphon, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 13 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the siphon for 10-15 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then place the siphon in a refrigerator to cool for at least 6 hours.
Serve the crème brûlée foam over a steaming cup of coffee, in a cone with a caramelised sugar crust, or as a dessert of its own.