Beef carpaccio is a classic Italian appetizer that you can enjoy year-round. It is simplicity itself, but requires best quality ingredients including arugula (a type of lettuce), parmesan cheese, pines and olive oil – making it easy to prepare while still being elegant.
- 200 g veal sir loin
- 2 g black pepper freshly grinded
- 5 g fresh thyme
- 35 g olive oil
- 290 g fresh arugula
- 250 g whole milk
- 60 g egg whites
- 1 g xanthan gum
- 1 g salt
- 2 g malic acid
- 1 gelatin sheet
- In a very hot fry pan seal the meat with olive oil in all sides.
- Remove to a tray and roll over the spices.
- Take it to the 180ºC oven for 5 minutes.
- Cool it down and wrap it in clingfilm to be round and tight.
- Freeze it to facilitate the slicing. Slice it using a slicer machine.
- In boiling water blanch the arugula for 4 seconds, cool down in icy water and drain the excess of water.
- Blend all the ingredients using a hand blender, pass through a fine sieve.
- Charge it using SW with 10 bars.
- Keep in the fridge until the siphon is at 20ºC or below. Then is ready to serve.
- 7g roasted pines
- 10 g parmesan slices
- 3 g fresh arugula
- Veal carpaccio
- Arugula foam