Boiled, grilled, charred, baked or fried, nothing compares to fresh sweetcorn on the cob. It’s versatile, convenient, and irresistibly delicious, making it the ideal summertime side. Complemented by an aromatic infusion of lime zest and hot jalapeño butter, the tender, juicy kernels are thoroughly brought to life, and will no doubt have guests returning for more.
- 4 corns on the cob
- 100 g butter, melted
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 lime, zested + extra for garnishing
- Salt to taste
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Pour the melted butter into a cream dispenser along with the lime zest and sliced jalapeño. Connect your Smartwhip, charge it to 12 bar, and shake the cream dispenser 3-5 times to evenly distribute the gas. Set the cream dispenser aside for 10 minutes to allow the infusion process to develop.
- In the meantime, boil the corn for 12-15 minutes depending on your preferred degree of crunch.
- When the infused butter is ready, vent the cream dispenser to release the built-up gas completely. Remove the lid and, using a rubber spatula, scoop the now hardened butter out of the cream dispenser and into a small saucepan.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat prior to serving, then pour the contents through a sieve and into a serving bowl.
Arrange the corn on a serving dish, and pour the melted butter over the corn on the cob. To add a final touch, sprinkle some salt over the corn and garnish with a few sprinkles of lime zest. Enjoy!