Raw, refreshing and bursting with flavour, Andalusia’s trademark food, the gazpacho, is the perfect soup for a hot summer’s day. Often referred to as a liquid salad, gazpacho traditionally consists of fresh summer vegetables and is best enjoyed cold. Aerated with a cream charger, you achieve a pleasantly lightweight mouthfeel, while the watermelon works to harmonise the acidity of the tomatoes.
- 300 g watermelon, peeled and diced
- 100 g tomatoes, diced
- 250 g cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, de-seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp of spring onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 6 g fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- A dash of sriracha
A handful of basil leaves
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Blend the soup ingredients in a blender until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour the soup ingredients into a cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip, and charge it to 15 bar. Shake the cream dispenser 3-5 times to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Shake the cream dispenser a few more times before releasing the gazpacho into a measuring jug for serving.
Pour the gazpacho into four serving glasses and garnish each glass with a few basil leaves. The gazpacho is best served cold and can be accompanied by croutons for a contrast in texture.