The eccentric superstar of the sours family, this Glo Sour Cocktail is set to glow up the night. Characterised by a vibrant orange glow, the sweet and bitter aromas of orange bitters work to contrast the musky, earthy tones of the turmeric-infused gin. Add a touch of syrup to balance the sharp flavours, and some fresh lime juice to give it that sour kick, and you have yourself the perfect lady’s night cocktail.
- 100 ml of gin
- 25 g fresh turmeric, sliced into thin disks
- 25 ml fresh lime juice
- 20 ml simple syrup
- 3 drops saline solution
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- A cup of ice cubes
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Prepare the turmeric-infused gin by pouring the gin and sliced turmeric pieces into a siphon. Connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 7 bar, then disconnect the siphon and shake it for 10-15 seconds to evenly distribute the gas. Allow the gin to infuse for approximately 2 minutes.
- When the infusion time has passed, place a nozzle on the siphon head and quickly vent the siphon by holding it upright and pressing the lever to release the built-up gas completely. Take the lid off after venting and set the siphon aside to allow the infusion process to develop.
Tip: Hold a bowl above the siphon nozzle while venting to catch any liquid that might spray out.
- Pour the fresh lime juice, syrup, orange bitters, saline solution and a couple of ice cubes into a cocktail shaker and stir the contents well. Pour half of the mixture into a second cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes, then evenly divide the turmeric-infused gin between the two cocktail shakers.
- Shake each cocktail shaker for 20-30 seconds, then strain the Glo Sour Cocktail into two chilled cocktail glasses.
Garnish each Glo Sour Cocktail glass with a few sprinkles of orange zest and accessorise it with a cocktail flamingo. If you’re feeling experimental, coat the rim of the cocktail glasses with some orange-infused sugar (sandwich a few tablespoons of sugar with orange zest between two paper towels and place it into the microwave for 1-2 minutes, making sure that it does not burn).