Though there are countless types of chutneys out there, mango chutney is probably the most traditional of all. With its sweet, fresh tang, mango chutney hits all the right flavour notes. We’ve taken a spin on the classic and transformed it into a velvety foam that is just as versatile as its condiment counterpart but lighter, fluffier and juicier. Paired with some spicy, herby chicken drumsticks roasted in the oven, you have yourself a perfectly rounded main course.
Mango Chutney Ingredients
- 300 g mango chutney
- 100 g coconut cream
- 17 g ProEspuma cold by Sosa
- 1 g xanthan gum
- 2 g malic acid
Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients
- 600 g chicken legs
- 25 g garlic, chopped
- 150 g butter
- 80 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 40 g soy sauce
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 150 g white wine
- 50 g brown sugar
- 6 g spice mixture (garam masala or shichimi)
- 3 g paprika
- 2 g fresh thyme
- Salt to taste
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Prepare the chicken by thoroughly cleaning the chicken legs and placing them in a large baking dish.
- For the chicken marinade, briefly toast the spice mix in a skillet, then add them to a food processor along with the chopped garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil, white wine, brown sugar, paprika, fresh thyme and salt to your taste. Blend the ingredients well, then massage the paste into the chicken legs and allow them to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the mango chutney foam by blending the mango chutney, coconut cream, ProEspuma, xanthan gum and malic acid well.
- Sieve the mango chutney foam mixture into a siphon using a fine-mesh strainer, connect your Smartwhip cream charger and charge it to 12 bar. Disconnect the siphon, shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then cool it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- After the chicken marinating time has passed, disperse the butter across the chicken legs and cover the baking dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake the chicken legs at 150ºC for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Serve the chicken with a few dollops of the mango chutney foam, and enjoy!