Cauliflower is an incredibly versatile vegetable that can be prepared in various ways, using a diverse range of herbs and spices. Roasting it in the oven truly transforms this modest vegetable into something spectacular. With a tender centre and charred, crunchy edges, the cauliflower steaks obtain a beautiful Barbeau effect that is simply divine. Accompanied by a fluffy mousse of fresh herbs and sporadic explosions of juicy pomegranate, your cauliflower steak becomes a true food-sensation!
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 16 g mint – washed and chopped, stalks removed
- 32 g parsley – washed and chopped, stalks removed
- 2 tbsp capers + 2 tbsp of the caper brine liquid
- 1⁄4 tsp crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + extra to brush
- 4 pinches of garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 tbsp toasted almond slices to garnish
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Suolaa maun mukaan
Sujuvan ruoanlaittokokemuksen varmistamiseksi, lue Smartwhip hoito ja turvallisuus ohjeet ennen käyttöä.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Trim the cauliflower leaves and cut four 1 centimetre thick cauliflower ‘steaks’ from the centre of the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower steaks on the lined baking tray and brush them evenly with olive oil. Sprinkle each cauliflower steak with a pinch of salt and a pinch of garlic powder.
Vihje: Cut the cauliflower in half first, then lay both halves down (flat side faced down) to horizontally cut 1 cm thick pieces.
- Bake the cauliflower steaks for 30 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred around the edges.
- For the salsa verde, blend the mint, parsley, capers, caper brine liquid, garlic, sriracha, mustard, sugar, red wine vinegar and olive oil as finely as possible to avoid clogging the cream dispenser. Add salt to taste.
- In a separate dry bowl, mix the xanthan gum with a pinch of sugar and pour it into the salsa verde mix. Thoroughly stir the mixture with a fork.
- Pour the salsa verde into the cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it with 17 bar. Shake the dispenser for 5-10 seconds to allow the gas to evenly distribute and set the device aside for 15 minutes.
Shake the cream dispenser a few more times (no longer than 10 seconds) and release the creamy mousse into a bowl before serving (it may come out in irregular bursts). Place the baked cauliflower steaks in the centre of the plate. Spoon the foamy salsa verde around it and garnish the dish with toasted almonds and fresh pomegranate seeds.