An impressive chocolate cake with a salted caramel filling and frosted all around is perfect for any big celebration!
- Smartwhip kermalaturi
- Hieno seula
- Candy thermometer
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, for pans
- 360 g all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
- 594 g granulated castor sugar
- 180 g bio cocoa powder
- 18 g baking soda
- 24 g baking powder
- 3 g suolaa
- 4 large eggs
- 336 g low-fat buttermilk
- 360 g hot water
- 103 g sunflower oil
- 4 g pure vanilla extract
- 3 g powder soluble coffee
- 792 g granulated castor sugar
- 85 g light corn syrup
- 454 g heavy cream
- 5 g suolaa
- 40 g cold unsalted butter
- 1 liter vegetable cream for whipping
- 180 g bio cacao powder
- 150 g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160ºC degrees and butter three 9-inch round cake pans, and dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- For cake, sift flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of a mixer. Beat on low speed until just combined. Raise speed to medium, and add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Divide batter among pans. Bake for 50 minutes until cakes are set and a toothpick inserted into the centre of each comes out clean. Let cool in pans set on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn out cakes onto racks and let cool completely.
- For the caramel, combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, and 50 g of water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cook, without stirring, until mixture is dark amber, about 14 minutes. Remove from heat, and carefully pour in cream, stir until smooth. Return to heat, and cook until a candy thermometer reaches 114ºC degrees, about 2 minutes. Pour caramel into a medium bowl, stir in salt, and let cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Stir in butter. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the foam frosting: Using a blender mix all the ingredients, pass through a sieve, pour inside the cream dispenser. Close and charge with 14 bars pressure. Keep in the fridge until usage.
Trim tops of cakes using a serrated knife to create a level surface. Cut each in half horizontally to form 2 layers. Transfer 1 layer to a serving plate and spread some caramel over top. Top with another cake layer, and repeat with remaining caramel and cake layers, leaving top uncovered. Refrigerate until set for about 1 hour. After that, in a bowl place the frosting using the cream dispenser, straight away with a spatula spread it in between two layers and cover also all the cake. As suggestion, melt some chocolate for dripping and garnish with Chantilly.