Whether it’s accompanied by fruit, granola, biscuits, or all of the above, parfait is a tried and trusted dessert option. This recipe puts a spin on the classic by adding a touch of feta to the base and enriching it with the aromatic fragrances of cardamom and vanilla. Topped with a nutty black sesame brittle, you have yourself a truly divine combination.
Feta Parfait Ingredients
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 100 ml full-fat milk
- 150 g feta, crumbled
- 3 egg yolks
- 160 g icing sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp cardamom powder
- 6 cardamom pods
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds to garnish
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses to garnish
Sesame Brittle Ingredients
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp water
- 1⁄4 cup black sesame seeds + extra to garnish
- Pinch of salt
Feta Parfait Directions
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Pour the heavy cream and cardamom powder into the cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it with 15 bar. Shake the cream dispenser 5-10 times to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside for 15 minutes to allow the cream to infuse.
- Pour the milk into a small saucepan, add the cardamom pods and vanilla extract, and simmer the ingredients over low heat for 3-5 minutes. Make sure that the milk does not boil over.
- Strain the milk into a measuring jug to remove the cardamom pods and set the mixture aside to cool down.
- Whisk the egg yolks and icing sugar together until you obtain a thick and slightly pale mixture, then set it aside.
- Crumble the feta on top of the cardamom-infused milk, add a small pinch of salt, and blend the ingredients using a hand-held mixer or blender until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Shake the cream dispenser containing the whipped cream a few more times, then release the contents into the egg yolk mixture. Stir in the milky feta mixture and fold the ingredients together.
- Pour the parfait mixture into individual moulds or a deep baking tray to set. Cover the parfait and chill the feta parfait in the freezer for approximately 2 hours.
Sesame Brittle Directions
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, mix the sugar, honey and a splash of water together and simmer the ingredients over low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sesame seeds and vanilla extract, and allow the mixture to simmer for a further 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it becomes golden/brown.
- Remove the sesame mixture from the heat and pour it onto the lined baking tray. Be careful as the contents will be extremely hot.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture out as thin and evenly as possible until it is approximately 1 mm thick, then set the tray aside to fully cool down. Once the sesame mixture has fully cooled down, break the sesame brittle up into approximately 2-4 cm shards.
Tip: You can prepare the brittle in advance and store it in an airtight container for later usage.
Smear a small amount of pomegranate molasses onto the centre of a dessert platter. Remove the individual parfait pieces from their mould and place them on top of the molasses. If you chilled the parfait on a single tray, cut the parfait into your desired shape using a circular cutter. To obtain the best results, run the knife under hot water before cutting the parfait. Adorn the parfait pieces with a few shards of sesame brittle and garnish the plate with a few splashes of pomegranate seeds.