This protein-rich and nutrient-packed chickpea salad is a perfect option for a healthy lunch or dinner. Loaded with an abundance of minerals and vitamins, this mixed green salad will boost both your immune system and your mood. The fresh lettuce, combined with the crunch from the dukkah, gives the salad a delicious edge. Topped with a tangy, infused vinaigrette with a wonderful orange-zest-fragrance this winter chickpea salad is an absolute winner.
- 200 g mixed lettuce
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 80 g carrot, grated
- 4 oranges, peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 4 g coriander, chopped
- Zest of 1 orange
- 200 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp maple syrup
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp dukkah mix (or any other nut and spice blend)
- Salt and pepper to taste
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Mix the vinegar, orange zest, cumin seeds and a pinch of salt in a bowl and strain the mixture into a siphon.
- Connect the siphon to your Smartwhip and charge it to 16 bar. Disconnect the siphon and shake it for 10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas. Set the siphon aside for 5 minutes to allow the infusion process to develop.
- Set the siphon upright and vent by quickly squeezing the lever to release the built-up gas completely.
- Screw the lid of the siphon off and pour half of the mixture into an airtight container for later use (for this recipe we only need half of the vinegar mixture).
- Add the olive oil, garlic and maple syrup to the mixture for the chickpea salad, and add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Whisk the mixture together to form an emulsion.
Neatly layer the salad starting with the lettuce, followed by the grated carrot, chickpeas, orange slices and coriander. Finally, dress the salad with the rapid-infused vinaigrette and top it off with a light sprinkle of dukkah.