Soft, pillowy and white as snow, it comes as no surprise that the term neve di latte – Italian for milk snow – was amongst the earliest names for whipped cream. But chefs worldwide have not missed a beat in perfecting its texture and personalising its flavour to make it their very own; a touch of raspberry, lemon, caramel, peanut butter or chocolate – the options are endless. Use this recipe as a basis and create your very own signature whipped cream.
- 250 ml whipping cream (approximately 36% fat content)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar (or to taste)
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Place the cream dispenser in the fridge for about 30 minutes to cool.
- In a measuring jug, briefly combine the ingredients, then pour them into the chilled cream dispenser.
- Screw on the lid of the cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 12 bar.
Tip: Check the Smartwhip pressure table for the right amount of pressure per portion size.
- Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser 3-5 times depending on the consistency you wish to achieve. If the cream is still too runny, simply shake the cream dispenser a few more times.
The whipped cream is ready to be enjoyed immediately and can be stored in the fridge for up to ten days. Savour a dollop of whipped cream on top of a steaming pie, iced coffee or hot chocolate, and experiment with different flavours. Read up on how to perfect whipped cream here.