Sample the sweet flavor of coconut with this mocktail that mimics cracking open a real one. When you break the bubble it releases a flow of pure, refreshing coconut water.
View this post on Instagram
- Smartwhip CO2 gas
- Cream dispenser
- Oven tray
- 230 g coconut water
- 1 liter still water
- 1 g xanthan gum
- 3.5 g calcium gluconolactone
- 2.5 g sodium alginate
- 200 g pineapple
- 1 g cardamom
- 50 ml simple syrup
- 2 g citric acid
- 50 ml seedlip spice 94%
- Start by making the coconut water spherification. Blend 230 g of coconut water with 1 g of xanthan gum and 3.5 g of calcium gluconolactone.
- In another container blend 500 ml of still water and 2.5 g of sodium alginate.
- Make the spherification with a spoon, by adding the calcium gluconolactone mix to the sodium alginate mix.
- Transfer the spherification into a container with still water for about 30 seconds to mature.
- For the pineapple soda, add 350 ml of water, 200 g of pineapple, 1 g of cardamom, 50 ml of simple syrup, and 2 gr of citric acid into a siphon.
- Connect the Smartwhip system and charge it with 10 bar of CO2, shake it for 30 seconds and then fast vent the siphon.
- Strain the liquid into another siphon and recharge it with 5 bar of CO2. Slowly vent it.
- Finally make the pineapple leather. Blend the pineapple and then place it on an oven tray. With a spatula, spread it until it is about 3 or 4 mm thick.
- Put it in a dehydrator for 6 to 8 hours.
- Finally, for the cocktail, add the coconut water spherification, 50 ml of seedlip spice 94%, 200 ml of pineapple soda, and the pineapple leather as garnish.