If you want to get creative and innovative with olive oil, then infused olive oil foam is the way to go. Olive oil is an essential part of every kitchen. Whether it is used as a dip, the base of a salad dressing, or to garnish a dish, olive oil can be found in almost any recipe! But this recipe will transform olive oil into something different than what we’re used to seeing – Using the Smartwhip system, you can make this wonderfully fragrant infused olive oil foam that is light and fluffy. This versatile garnish is perfect for any dish that needs a little extra flavour or texture.
Oil Infusion Ingredients
- 300 ml olive oil
- 10 g fresh tarragon
- 2 g dry chilli
Olive Oil Foam Ingredients
- 200 ml infused olive oil
- 16 g glicemul by Sosa
- 2 g fine table salt
- Brik dough cones
Olive Oil Infusion Directions
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Wash, dry and roughly chop the fresh tarragon, and place it in the cream dispenser along with the olive oil and dry chilli flakes
- If you are using extra virgin olive oil: Connect your Smartwhip to the cream dispenser and charge it to 17 bars. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to infuse. (Skip the next step if you are using extra virgin olive oil)
- If you are using refined olive oil: Connect your Smartwhip to the cream dispenser and charge it to 17 bars. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas then place it in a water bath for 10 minutes at 45ºC. After the indicated time has passed, place the infusion in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When the indicated time has passed, hold the cream dispenser upright and press the lever to release the pressurised gas completely.
Tip: Hold a bowl above the nozzle of the cream dispenser to catch any liquid that might spray out.
- Remove the lid of the cream dispenser and strain the infused olive oil into a container.
Olive Oil Foam Directions
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage
- Heat the infused olive oil, glicemul and salt together in a saucepan to 45ºC. Make sure that no glicemul flakes are visible.
- Strain the ingredients into a siphon and connect it to your Smartwhip cream charger.
- Charge your Smartwhip cream charger to 7 bars, then disconnect your siphon and shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas.
- Cool the siphon in the fridge to 25ºC before serving.
Release the infused olive oil foam into a brik dough cone for the perfect crunch and garnish it with caviar.