Rapid infusion is a super easy and time-efficient way to inject liquid ingredients with intense flavour. Using this pioneering technique, you can make this wonderfully fragrant basil and garlic-infused oil in no time. Replace the basil with fresh oregano, rosemary or thyme, or create a signature herb-combination following the same technique.
- 50 g fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250 ml extra-virgin olive oil
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Roughly chop the fresh basil and garlic, and place them in the cream dispenser along with the olive oil.
- Connect your Smartwhip to the cream dispenser and charge it to 17 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside for 1 hour to infuse.
- When the indicated time has passed, hold the cream dispenser upright and press the lever to release the pressurised gas completely.
Tip: Hold a bowl above the nozzle of the cream dispenser to catch any liquid that might spray out.
- Remove the lid of the cream dispenser and strain the basil and garlic-infused oil into a container.
The basil and garlic-infused oil is perfect for dipping, cooking, salad sauces and much, much more. Experiment with the virtues of rapid infusion following this technique and enrich your meals with new flavours.
Get your Smartwhip system here and revolutionise your professional kitchen. In need of some inspiration? Visit our recipes page to discover a wide range of dishes, sauces and desserts that you can make using Smartwhip.