This cocktail was inspired by the ocean and all the flavor, texture, and colors that come with it. It has a little taste of salt that comes from the blue spirulina, which is a blue-green microalga; the Gold Grail gin flavored with Salicornia; and the soda, prepared by using seawater. It also tastes fresh from the lemon juice and Italicus, an Italian bergamot liquor.
- Smartwhip CO2 gas
- CO2 cream dispenser
- Bar spoon
- 150 ml simple syrup
- 2 gr powdered blue spirulina
- 500 ml cleaned/filtered seawater
- 15 gr lime zest
- 20 gr lemon zest
- 2 gr citric acid
- 50 ml simple syrup
- 40 ml Gold Grail gin
- 20 ml Italicus liquor
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 10 ml blue spirulina syrup
- Dried seaweed
- Start by making the blue spirulina syrup. Add 150 ml of simple syrup and 2 gr powdered blue spirulina to a container. Mix it.
- For the soda add 500 ml of seawater, 15 gr of lime zest, 20 gr of lemon zest, 2 gr of citric acid, and 50 ml of simple syrup.
- Connect the Smartwhip device and charge the siphon with 8 bars of CO2.
- Disconnect the Smartwhip device and shake the siphon for at least 2 min.
- Recharge the siphon with 8 bars of CO2.
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Mix gold grail gin, Italicus liquor, lemon juice, and blue spirulina syrup in a shaker with ice. Shake it.
- Serve it in a tall glass with crushed ice.
- Top up the glass with the previous soda.
- Garnish with nice, dried seaweed.