Fresh baguette dipped in buttery, creamy, melted cheese – there’s nothing quite like it. Originating in Switzerland as a way to salvage stale bread and hardened cheese during the winter months, cheese fondue is an international hit nowadays. Using creamier counterparts to the traditional Emmental and Gruyère, at the heart of this cheese fondue foam recipe is raclette and Gouda cheese, personalised with a touch of Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and beer.
Cheese Fondue Ingredients
- 180 g raclette cheese
- 90 g Gouda cheese
- 125 g whole milk
- 30 g cornstarch
- 100 g crème fraîche
- 260 g beer
- 10 g Dijon mustard
- 10 ml Worcestershire sauce
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Grate the raclette and gouda cheese into a medium-sized bowl, then thoroughly combine the cheese with the cornstarch.
- Pour the milk, crème fraîche, beer, mustard and Worcestershire sauce into a pot while stirring continuously, then bring the mixture to a light simmer.
- Continue stirring the cheese fondue base and gradually add in the grated cheese, one small handful at a time. Continue stirring until the cheese has fully melted and the cheese fondue is smooth.
- Immediately pour the cheese fondue mixture into a siphon, connect it to your Smartwhip cream charger, and charge it to 8 bar. Disconnect your siphon and shake it to evenly distribute the gas. Serve the cheese fondue foam immediately, or keep it in a hot water bath at 62ºC.
Serve the cheese fondue foam in a fondue pot to keep it warm or serve it as a hot side. You can dip just about anything in cheese fondue, such as lightly steamed broccoli or cauliflower florets, grilled or steamed asparagus, button mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, Brussel sprouts, tortilla chips and sausages.