Perfect for the colder months, a cup of this wintery chocolate Baileys cocktail wraps itself around your taste buds like a snug blanket, warming you from within. A shot of a dark Zacapa 23 rum forms the base of this cocktail, providing a sweet and nutty flavour with hints of honey and chocolate. Meanwhile, a soft and delicate vanilla and almond milk foam brings every component of this chocolate Baileys cocktail into perfect harmony.
- 40 ml Zacapa 23 rum
- 10 ml vanilla sugar syrup
- 90 ml espresso
- 20 ml Baileys Chocolat Luxe
- 100 ml almond milk
- 3 g vanilla seeds
- 10 g pro espuma hot by Sosa
- 5 g dark chocolate to garnish
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Pour the rum and vanilla sugar syrup into a service glass or cup, then heat it for 3 seconds using the steamer of a coffee machine.
- Add in the espresso and chocolate Baileys and stir the contents well.
- For the foam, blend the almond milk, vanilla seeds and pro espuma hot using a hand-held mixer, then sieve it into a siphon. Connect your Smartwhip, charge it to 7 bars, disconnect your siphon and shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas.
- To keep the foam warm throughout the service, place it in a water bath at 62ºC until serving. The foam
Pour the espresso and rum mixture into a glass coffee mug, release a generous amount of the foam on top and garnish the chocolate baileys cocktail with a few shavings of dark chocolate. Serve the chocolate baileys cocktail immediately, and savour a cup for yourself!