The old-fashioned is a classic cocktail that has been around for quite some time. It’s really easy to make and can be made in three basic steps: pour, mix, and enjoy. But what if we changed up the old recipe? What if we added bacon? Yes, bacon! This twist on the old fashioned will infuse your cocktail with all of the delicious smoky flavours from this popular breakfast food.
- 150 ml Whiskey Talisker 10 years
- 50 g fried bacon
- 5/6 drops of orange bitters
- 6 g dark Brown sugar
Um einen reibungslosen Ablauf beim Kochen zu gewährleisten, lesen Sie bitte die Smartwhip Pflege und Sicherheit Richtlinien vor der Verwendung.
- Pour the whiskey into a siphon along with the fried bacon.
- Connect your Smartwhip, charge it to 17 bar.
- Disconnect your siphon and shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas. Allow the whiskey and bacon to infuse for 15 minutes.
- When the infusion time has passed, vent the siphon to release the built-up gas.
- Using a paper coffee filter, filter the whiskey from the remaining fat from the bacon into a measuring jug. The colder the liquid the easier it will be to separate the fat.
- Measure 60ml of the bacon-infused and pour into a mixing glass.
- In a mixing glass, stir the 60 ml of the bacon-infused whiskey with 6g of brown sugar and 5 or 6 drops of orange bitters.
Using a cocktail strainer, strain the bacon-infused old-fashioned into a lowball glass and serve with ice for a refreshing taste and garnish with a strip of fried bacon.