Deriving its name from the English market town of Cheddar Gorge, where cheeses were once matured in the natural caves, Cheddar cheese is the world’s most popular cheese today. And it’s also the life and soul of this Cheddar foam recipe. Mellow in character with a full and fine, hazelnut-like flavour, we’re serving this Cheddar foam on jacket potato garnished with roasted bacon chunks and a drizzle of melted cheese for that extra savoury kick.
Cheddar Foam Ingredients
- 200 g mild Cheddar cheese
- 130 g crème fraîche
- 130 g whole milk
- 25 g cornstarch
- 15 ml of Worcestershire sauce
- 500 g boiled and roasted baby potatoes
- 35 g roasted bacon
- 2 g chopped chives
- 40 g melted cheese for dripping
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Grate the Cheddar cheese into a medium-sized bowl, then mix in the cornstarch, ensuring that the cheese is fully covered.
- Pour the milk, crème fraîche and Worcestershire sauce into a saucepan and allow the ingredients to simmer over low heat while mixing.
- While whisking, gradually add in the Cheddar cheese until the cheese has fully melted and the Cheddar foam mixture is smooth.
- Pour the Cheddar foam mixture into a siphon, close the lid and connect it to your Smartwhip cream charger. Charge the siphon to 10 bar, then disconnect it from your Smartwhip and shake the siphon for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas.
- Serve the Cheddar foam immediately.
Gently rip open the jacket potatoes and scoop out some of the potato. Fill the pocket with some Cheddar foam and garnish the dish with roasted bacon chunks and chives. You can also drip some melted cheese over the Cheddar foam stuffed potato if desired.