This recipe for sous vide salmon with pea purée is a twist on the sous vide experience. It’s easy to make and will take your sous vide salmon to the next level by infusing it with flavourful spices using the Smartwhip cream charger. This method ensures that you get perfectly cooked, moist, tender fish every time, and we’ve made sure this one tastes as amazing as it looks. To make this dish even more special, we pair it with pea purée for a touch of vibrant green colour and earthy flavour.
- Smartwhip cream charger
- Handheld blender
- Sous Vide machine
- Spherification spoon
Sous Vide Salmon Ingredients
- 250 g cubed salmon (cut into 3×3)
- 200 ml neutral oil (sunflower oil or grapeseed oil)
- 5 g fresh dill
- 3 g toasted coriander seeds
- 2 g lemon peel
Pea Purée Ingredients
- 600 g baby peas
- Salt to taste
- 30 ml lemon juice
Pickled Fennel Ingredients
- 75 g castor sugar
- 150 g white wine vinegar
- 225 g water
- 1 whole fennel bulb
Directions for Sous Vide Salmon
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Place all sous-vide salmon ingredients inside the siphon. Make sure it is well covered with oil.
- Connect your Smartwhip, charge it to 15 bar.
- Disconnect your siphon and without shaking the siphon place the siphon inside the water bath for 25 minutes at 42ºC.
- After the indicated time has passed, vent the siphon by holding it upright and pressing the lever to release the pressurised gas completely. Tip: Hold a bowl above the nozzle of the cream dispenser to catch any liquid that might spray out.
- Using a spherification spoon, remove the salmon from the inside or pour its filling through a tray before serving.
Directions for Pea Purée
- In a saucepan, boil the peas in water with salt for a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Drain the cooking water using a mesh, and reserve 50 g of the cooking water.
- Add the cooked peas and 50g of the reserved cooking water to a blender and blend the peas at maximum speed for 2 minutes.
- Season with lemon and pass through a fine sieve.
Directions for Pickled Fennel
- In a saucepan, bring the fennel to boil with all the liquid ingredients and let it cool down.
- Using a mandolin, slice the fennel thinly.
- Add it to the pickle mixture and keep it in a jar until needed.
Plate the pea purée on a plate together with the sous vide salmon and garnish with the pickled fennel and some fresh dill. If you want to take it to the next level, add some mustard vinaigrette.