This delicate strawberry mousse is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Fresh, fruity and velvety in texture, the mousse is marked by a touch of zesty orange liqueur which adds some serious complexity to the mousse. What’s best, the strawberry mousse also works for a no-bake strawberry mousse cake with a biscuit base and a strawberry jam topping.
- 50 ml milk
- 200 ml whipping cream (approximately 36% fat content)
- 100 ml natural yogurt
- 20 ml orange liqueur
- 100 ml strawberry syrup (or fresh strawberry jam)
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 1⁄8 tsp xanthan gum
- A small bunch of fresh mint for garnishing
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- In a bowl, briefly whisk the milk, whipping cream, yoghurt, orange liqueur, xanthan gum and strawberry syrup together.
- Strain the mixture into a cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 15 bar. Detach your Smartwhip and shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas.
- Cool the mousse in the fridge for approximately 2 hours.
Release the mousse into four serving glasses using a star-shaped nozzle. Garnish the dessert with a halved strawberry and a few fresh mint leaves and serve the mousse immediately.