A fine winter side or starter, this savoury coconut-beetroot foam is suitable for vegans, pescatarians and carnivorous steak lovers alike (in fact, the delicate beetroot foam pairs perfectly with a filet mignon!). Slightly tangy from the pickled beetroot and lime juice, the nutty flavour from the coconut milk creates a special kind of taste sensation that pairs well with a variety of dishes.
- 100 g pickled beetroot
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 120 ml soy milk
- 70 g coconut oil
- 40 ml maple syrup
- 1.5 limes, juiced
- 1⁄8 cuillère à café de gomme xanthane
- Sel au goût
Pour garantir une expérience de cuisson sans problème, veuillez lire le Smartwhip soins et sécurité avant de l'utiliser.
- Briefly heat up the soy milk and coconut oil over low-medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, along with the pickled beetroot, coconut milk, maple syrup, lime juice, xanthan gum and salt and blend the ingredients well until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Strain the mixture into a cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 17 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip, shake the cream dispenser for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside for 15 minutes.
- Chill the coconut-beetroot foam in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving.
Serve the coconut-beetroot foam in a verrine topped with a few sprinkles of coconut flakes for a ‘snow effect’, or as a sauce alongside a filet mignon, cauliflower steak or grilled fish.