There’s no rule that says you can’t drink champagne before the clock strikes midnight on the 31st of December. In fact, bubbly is a great topping for a variety of drinks, as this epic New Year’s Eve cocktail confirms. With a vodka-cranberry base, Rui’s ultimate New Year’s Eve cocktail features sweet and sour touches of fresh raspberries and lime juice. To top it off, a completely optional but highly recommended vodka-raspberry perfume – spritz some leftover raspberry-infused vodka in and around the glass from an atomiser and envelop your senses with the delightfully floral notes of raspberry.
New Year’s Eve Cocktail Ingredients
- 50 ml of vodka
- 30 ml of cranberry juice
- 20 ml of lime juice
- 10 ml of sugar syrup
- 10 g fresh raspberries
- Champagne for topping
- Redcurrant for garnishing
New Year’s Eve Cocktail Directions
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Pour the vodka into a siphon along with the fresh raspberries. Connect your Smartwhip, charge it to 16 bar, disconnect your siphon and shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas. Allow the vodka to infuse for 15 minutes.
- When the infusion time has passed, strain the raspberry-infused vodka and measure 40 ml of vodka for the New Year’s Eve cocktail. Pour the remaining 10 ml into an atomiser, if desired.
- In a cocktail mixing glass, add a generous scoop of ice cubes. Pour the cranberry juice, lime juice and sugar syrup into the mixing glass and stir until the ingredients are cool.
- Double strain the mixture into a cold champagne flute, add the raspberry-infused vodka and top the New Year’s Eve cocktail up with champagne.
Garnish the New Year’s Eve cocktail with a few redcurrants and spritz some of the raspberry-infused vodka perfume in and around the glass before serving for added aroma.