When it comes to sourdough toast, topping varieties are countless. Whether you’re going for a classic smashed avocado toast, a sourdough toast with eggs and bacon, or a simple bit of butter and flaky sea salt, it’s a win. A fun twist on the classic gazpacho soup, this refreshing gazpacho foam topping is a must-try topping. Soft, sturdy slices are loaded with prosciutto, confit egg yolks, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers and a lightweight gazpacho foam, making it a perfect snack, lunch or starter for the warmer seasons.
- 6 egg yolks
- 300 ml sunflower oil
- 6 slices of sourdough bread
- Herb-infused oil (olive oil, oregano, basil, garlic)
- 350 g cherry tomatoes
- 45 g cubed prosciutto
- 150 g green, yellow and orange peppers, brunoise
- 4 g pea sprouts
- 20 g cornichons
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Blend the gazpacho, proespuma cold and xanthan gum using a handheld blender, then sieve the mixture into a siphon. Connect your Smartwhip cream charger to the siphon and charge it to 8 bar. Disconnect your siphon from the Smartwhip cream charger, then shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas. Allow the gazpacho foam to rest in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes before serving.
- Confit the egg yolks in the sunflower seed oil in the oven at 64ºC for 25 minutes.
- For the herb-infused oil, place the olive oil, oregano, basil and garlic in a siphon, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 17 bar. Disconnect your siphon and shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then allow the oil to infuse for approximately 30 minutes in the fridge. After the infusion time has passed, vent the siphon to release the build-up gas completely.
Tip: Hold a bowl above the siphon nozzle to catch any liquid that might spray out.
Brush the sourdough toast with your herb-infused oil and grill the bread on both sides. Place the cherry tomatoes, peppers brunoise, cornichons, prosciutto and pea sprouts on your sourdough toast and garnish it with the gazpacho foam.