Looking for some inspiration in the kitchen? Then keep reading. Experimenting with different cooking techniques can result in some truly amazing creations like this recipe where you will learn how to make coconut spherification and matcha tuille, as well as preparing a delicious squid carpaccio that goes great with potato and parsley foam.
- 50 g parsley
- 1100 g potato
- 300 ml whole milk
- 130 g egg white
- 2 g salt
- 500 gr fresh squid
- Grinded black pepper
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 g smoke in powder by sosa
- 4 g of guconolactat of calcium
- 0,5 g xanthan gum
- 500 ml of low mineral water content
- 2,5 g sodium alginatum
- 250 g water
- 75 g white corn flour
- 15 g corn starch
- 60 g icing sugar
- 3 g salt
- 30 g whole eggs
- 15 g matcha in powder
- 38 g butter
- 345 g wheat flour
- Shimeji mushroom
- Stir fry clams
- Coriander sprouts
- Boil the potatoes in hot water. Drain the excess of water.
- Blend with the rest of the ingredients and pass through a fine sieve.
- Place inside the siphon and charge with 12 bar pressure using Smartwhip N2O.
- Keep it in water bath at 60ºC until serving.
- Wash, clean and trim the squid. Dry it well using a paper towel.
- Using plastic wrap form a roll where the squid is lined up and tight inside.
- After rolling, you can freeze it and then sliced it with 0,8 mm at the slicer machine.
- Reserve in the fridge until plating time.
- Prepare the alginatum bath, blending the water together with the alginatum using a hand blender for 3 minutes at maximum. Let it rest to loose all the air bubbles for 2 hours.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl using a thermomix. Let it rest in the fridge overnight.
- Using a spherification spoon, pour it coconut milk preparation over the alginatum bath. Let it in the bath for 45 seconds. Remove it and wash it with new low mineral water content. Then keep it in new coconut milk using a container resistant to heat in order to serve it hot.
- Mix all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Spread over silicone moulds or on a parchment paper and take it to the over for 70 minutes at 110ºC.
- Take it out of the oven, let it cold down completely before unmoulding.
- Plate the squid carpaccio around a circle on the plate.
- Garnish with the clams, coconut spherification, coriander sprouts, and shimegi mushrooms.
- Plate the parsley foam in the middle while hot. Serve.