A Bloody Mary is a classic drink that many people enjoy daily. But what about when you are in the mood for something with more of an edge? This recipe puts a twist on the classic by substituting vodka for tequila and adding basil foam as garnish! The basil foam will bring out the savoury flavours of the tomato juice while also providing sweetness from the sugar and acidity from lemon or lime juice.
- 50 ml tequila tres ochos reposado
- 40 ml tomato juice
- ½ drop of tabasco
- 20 ml lime juice
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 5 g fresh basil leaves
- 60 g egg white
Basil Foam Directions
- Using a hand blender, blend the coconut milk, basil and egg whites.
- Pass through a sieve and place inside the siphon.
- Connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 10 bar.
- Disconnect your siphon and shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas.
- Take it to the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Tequila Bloody Mary Directions
- Place the indicated amount of tequila, tomato juice, tabasco, lime juice and sugar syrup inside a shaker with 6 ice cubes.
- Close and shake for 30 seconds.
Strain the tequila bloody mary it to the glass and garnish with basil foam and dried tomato.