Tartar sauce is a condiment based on mayonnaise, chopped pickles, capers and herbs. Its foamy variant next to the chicken wings is the perfect combination that will enhance the flavours of the food.
- 10 units chicken wings with wing tip removed
- 100 g all purpose flour
- Sunflower vegetable oil for frying
- 6 g tabasco sauce
- 45 g cold unsalted butter
Roquefort Cheese Mousse
- 160 g chicken breast, boneless, skinless, and trimmed
- 1/2 egg
- 15 ml heavy cream
- 90 g Roquefort
- Salz und Pfeffer nach Geschmack
- 150 g tartare sauce
- 100 g cream with 35% fat content
- 10 g proespuma
- 1 g Xanthangummi
- 100 g white turnip for chips
- 35 g maltodextrin
- 5 g hazelnut oil
- 1 g Salz
- 1 g white pepper grounded
- Set SousVide waterbath to 63ºC.
- Cut off both ends of the chicken wings removing the joints. Then push down on the wing to remove the meat from the bones. Reserve the thin bone and discard the thick. Keep refrigerated and repeat process until all wings are cleaned. Fill each wing with a generous quantity of the Roquefort Cheese Mousse using a piping bag.
- Roll with plastic wrap the filled wings end to end. Tie both ends with twine or a small strip of plastic wrap so that the cylinders are air tight. Repeat process until all of the wings have been rolled.
- Put the rolls into a large vacuum bag and vacuum seal it. Don’t go over 85% of vacuum, otherwise might blow the plastic wrap roll.
- Then cook for about 1 hour or until the wings are cooked through, in the sous vide.
- When the wings have finished cooking, remove them and cool to room temperature.
- Put the reserved wing bones into a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Strain and run under cold water. Scrape each bone with a small paring knife to clean thoroughly and set aside for use in plating.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 176ºC.
- Remove the chicken wings from the plastic wrap, trim the ends and cut each roll into 5 pieces. Toss each piece in the flour, remove excess, and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove the wings and drain of excess oil.
- To the pan, add the butter, whisking continuously, to emulsify. Add the fried chicken wings to the sauce.
Roquefort Cheese Mousse
Refrigerate the bowl and blade of a food processor 1 hour prior making the mousse. Process the chicken breast with all the other ingredients from the Roquefort mousse in the food processor until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and keep refrigerated until ready to fill wings.
Blend all the ingredients using a hand blender. Pass through a sieve and pour inside the cream dispenser. Charge using Smartwhip N2O until 10 bars of pressure. Place in the fridge until cooling down (30 min approx.) and then fill up raw chips of turnip, fold in three and serve.
In a dry bowl using a whisk mix all the ingredients for the hazelnut soil until sandy consistency is achieved.
For plating, fill up raw chips of turnip with the tartare foam and fold in three. Place the hazelnut soil close to the chicken wings and garnish with butter sauce and Chanterelle mushrooms.