Do you love chocolate covered espresso? You’re not alone! Espresso chocolate truffles are a delicious treat that everyone loves to indulge in. They combine the rich flavour of chocolate with the bold taste of espresso, which makes for an unforgettable experience. The matcha powder lends an earthy flavour reminiscent of coffee beans and the cocoa adds a hint of bitterness that balances out the sweetness of chocolate for one amazing bite-sized treat.
- 230 of chocolate (high quality, 62% cacao or higher), chopped into small pieces
- 100 g of heavy whipping cream (35% fat content)
- 6 g of vanilla extract
- 25 ml hot espresso coffee
- 1 gelatin sheet bloom 180
- 20 g glicemul by sosa
- 50 g organic cacao powder or organic matcha powder
Para asegurar una experiencia de cocción sin problemas, por favor lea el Smartwhip cuidado y seguridad directrices antes de su uso.
- In a small saucepan bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer and add the 25ml of hot espresso coffee.
- Place the chocolate in a separate bowl and pour the cream over the chocolate,
- Add in the vanilla, and allow it to stand for a few minutes before stirring the mixture until it is smooth.
- Soak the gelatin sheet in the mixture. Make sure to add the gelatin sheets while the mixture is warm enough to melt together with the glicemul. For this, it needs to be < 40ºC.
- Strain using a fine sieve and pour inside the siphon,
- Connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 8 bar.
- Desconecte el sifón y agítelo durante 5-10 segundos para distribuir uniformemente el gas.
- Keep the siphon outside the fridge until 29ºC is reached on both sides of the siphon.
- Make sure you shake the siphon for 5 minutes for a better cooling process.
- Prepare tray dust with cacao powder or matcha powder and release the espresso truffle foam. Do not use the nozzle, as this will allow a sphere shape to be created.
- Roll the spheres over the tray to coat on all sides. If the spheres aren’t round enough, take them to the freezer for 20 minutes and then roll using your hands.
- Make sure you chill the spheres overnight in the fridge before serving.
Al servicio de
For this recipe Chef, Rui Mota prepares the espresso truffles coated with both, matcha powder and cacao powder also coated with pistachios.