Do you need Christmas dinner inspiration? Treat your loved ones with the traditional turkey recipe with a twist. Injection marinade is a method that flavors and tenders the meat from the inside and it also works faster than brining.
- 1,5 kilo turkey
- 5 liters of water with 5% salt
- Peel and juice of 3 oranges
- Peel and juice of 3 lemons
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 onions
- Spice mix (coriander seeds, chili, cinnamon stick, paprika, ginger)
- Aromatic herb mix (coriander, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf,)
- 200 ml of vodka or brandy
- Marinate and sauce (200 g honey, 100 ml lemon juice, 350 g melted butter)
- Bouquet of rosemary for brushing turkey
- Clean the turkey, cut the neck and remove any remaining feathers.
- Prepare a bath in a large container with all the aromatics and spices, along with the vodka, lemon and orange. Leave the turkey in this bath overnight in the refrigerator.
- Inside the cream dispenser place the strained lemon juice together with melted butter and honey. Close it and charge with 5 bars. Keep it at 50ºC until application to keep the butter liquid.
- Place the turkey on an oven tray, and inject in the meat with the previous preparation using the nozzle needle from the cream dispenser, before putting it in the oven. Make sure you inject in legs and breast. Don’t press too much the handle of the siphon to make sure the meat has time to absorb maximum as possible the marinate.
- Bake at 160ºC for 2 and a half hours. Brush with the sprig of rosemary and honey sauce every 30 minutes.
To serve and make prettier the turkey platter add things like fresh herbs, tomatoes, potatoes, and fruits. Greenery is a great garnish to place around the base of the turkey on a platter.