For our Mother’s Day recipe, we’re sparing none of the pomp and dazzle. Crafted by guest bartender Bruno Pereira, this rosy cosmopolitan cocktail features an aromatic vanilla and rose-infused base with a complementary triple sec and cardamom foam. Both beautiful and delightful, this cosmopolitan cocktail is the perfect aperitif to kick off the festivities.
Cosmopolitan Cocktail Ingredients (single serving)
- 40 ml vanilla vodka (or a vanilla-infused vodka infusion at 17 bar)
- 10 ml triple sec
- 10 ml sugar syrup
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 20 ml rose water
Rose Water Ingredients
- 500 ml water
- 7.5 g dried rose petals
Triple Sec & Cardamom Foam Ingredients
- 50 ml triple sec
- 4 cardamom seeds
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml cream (20% fat)
- 0.5 g xanthan gum
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Begin by preparing the triple sec and cardamom foam. Gently crush the cardamom pods to expose the seeds, then combine the milk and cardamom in a small saucepan. Bring the contents to a boil, then allow the contents to seep for approximately 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the rose water by boiling the rose petals in the water for approximately 25 minutes. Strain the water and allow the rose water to cool before using.
- When the cardamom milk is ready, strain the cardamom seeds and blend the cardamom-infused milk with the cream, triple sec and xanthan gum. Sieve the contents into a siphon, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 8 bar. Disconnect your siphon and shake it for 5-10 seconds to evenly distribute the gas, then allow it to cool in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
- For the cosmopolitan cocktail base, pour the vanilla-infused vodka, triple sec, sugar syrup, lemon juice and rose water into an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake the contents well before serving.
Double strain the cosmopolitan cocktail into a cocktail glass, and release the cooled triple sec foam on top. Garnish the cocktail with a rose petal and serve!
Recipe by @brunomiguelper