As the temperatures rise during the summer months, the desire for hot meals falls in tandem. Instead, there’s a resurgence of interest in pasta salads. Fresh, vibrant, and full of surprising twists and turns (literally, considering the courgette ribbons!), this alternative pasta salad with a tangy Kalamata olive and feta mousse is rich in flavour and ideal as a side, snack or light meal.
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 300 g dried pasta, cooked
- 2 courgettes, spiralized
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
Kalamata Mousse Ingredients
- 160 g Kalamata olives, drained and pitted
- 150 g feta, crumbled
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 tsp fig jam
- 1 tsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 20 g feta, crumbled
- 4 g mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Kalamata olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp almonds, chopped
- Orange zest
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Cook the pasta according to the packaging instructions, and allow it to cool.
- Place the ingredients for the Kalamata mousse into a mixing bowl and, using a handheld mixer, blend the contents well until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Place the Kalamata mousse mixture into a cream dispenser, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 15 bar. Shake the cream dispenser 3-5 times to evenly distribute the gas, then set it aside for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, spiralize the courgettes and dice the orange.
- When the indicated time has passed, shake the cream dispenser a few more times before releasing the Kalamata mousse into a separate bowl prior to serving.
Layer the salad ingredients on a plate starting with the pasta, followed by the courgette ribbons and diced orange. Place three dollops of the Kalamata mousse on each dish, and garnish with feta crumbles, mint leaves, olive slices, almonds and a sprinkle of orange zest.
Curious about what else you can create using Smartwhip? Check out our assortment of recipes here! Are you interested in acquiring the Smartwhip system for a professional kitchen? Then get your Smartwhip here!