Dalgona coffee was popularised at the start of the coronavirus pandemic, so we thought why not switch things up with a Dalgona coffee-style matcha foam latte? Just as frothy as its older sister, this matcha foam latte has all the earthy tones from the matcha but with a tropical twist from the coconut milk. Easy to make fully vegan by replacing the egg whites with aquafaba, this matcha foam latte is a winner.
- 1 egg white or 40 g of aquafaba (chickpea liquid)
- 10 g matcha powder
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 20 g castor sugar
- 100 ml of water
Um einen reibungslosen Ablauf beim Kochen zu gewährleisten, lesen Sie bitte die Smartwhip Pflege und Sicherheit Richtlinien vor der Verwendung.
- Pour the egg whites or aquafaba and water into a bowl.
- Using a whisk or immersion blender, whip the egg whites or aquafaba with the water until you achieve medium-firm peaks.
- Add the sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form and the mixture sticks to the whisk.
- Sift the matcha powder into the bowl and whisk the ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Strain the matcha foam latte mixture into a siphon, connect your Smartwhip and charge it to 6 bar. Disconnect your Smartwhip and shake the siphon to evenly distribute the gas.
Pour the coconut milk for the matcha foam latte into a cup with ice and release the foam on top. Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top and enjoy!