Be it seafood, meat or vegetable tempura, deep-fried tempura is a prime example of a simple and sophisticated Japanese snack. Encased in a light yet crisp batter, the centre remains juicy and tender while maintaining its irresistible crunch. Though classically served with a Tentsuyu dipping sauce, we recommend trying these shrimp and vegetable tempura with a side of whipped truffle mayonnaise for a European twist.
- Chargeur de crème Smartwhip
- Grand bol de mélange
- Small mixing bowl
- Grille de refroidissement
- 100 g T45 wheat flour
- 100 g tempura flour
- 150 g vodka
- 20 g honey
- 150 g sparkling water
- 3 g fine salt
- 20 g cornstarch
- 400 g baby vegetables, blanched
- 150 g peeled shrimp
Pour garantir une expérience de cuisson sans problème, veuillez lire le Smartwhip soins et sécurité avant de l'utiliser.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wheat flour, tempura flour and salt.
- In a separate bowl, briefly whisk together the honey and vodka, then add the contents to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Combine the contents well.
- Slowly add in the sparkling water while whisking gently to avoid losing too much fizz.
- Sieve the shrimp and vegetable tempura batter into a siphon, close the lid and connect the siphon to your Smartwhip. Charge your siphon to 12 bar, disconnect your siphon and briefly shake it to evenly distribute the gas.
- Place the siphon in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to hydrate the gluten.
- When the indicated time has passed, lightly coat your shrimp and baby vegetables with corn starch, then tempura batter. Deep fry the shrimp and vegetable tempura in grape-seed oil for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Place the shrimp and vegetable tempura on a cooling rack after frying to allow the excess oil to drip off.
Serve the shrimp and vegetable tempura while hot with some white truffle mayonnaise or sweet and spicy sesame-soy foam and a side of impregnated watermelon cubes with tuna tataki.
Obtenez le système complet Smartwhip ici.